Location: Kurtinių Street 1D, Kaunas
- In 1987, in the beautiful corner of Panemunė nature, according to the project of architect A. Kančas, retirement home was built and established for people of retirement age who need constant care and nursing.
- On February 1, 1994, the name of the institution was changed to “Kaunas Malta Retirement Home”, on May 19, 1998, to “Kaunas Panemunė Retirement Home”.
- On October 28, 2000, Social Care Day Center started its activities. It was the first institution of its kind for the elderly in Lithuania.
- On September 21, 2004, Kaunas Panemunė Retirement Home received a licence to provide personal health care services. On September 23, 2013, the institution was licenced to provide institutional social foster care for adults with disabilities and the elderly.
- In the autumn of 2015, the Day Social Foster Care Center for people with dementia started its activities, which was set up as a part of an EU project.
- In 2017, the Budget Institution Kaunas Panemunė Retirement Home celebrated its 30th anniversary.
- From June 30, 2017, when the legal form of the institution has changed, the continuity of services is ensured in the Public Institution Kaunas Panemunė Social Care Home.
Mission of the institution: to provide safe, qualified and high-quality social care, foster care and nursing services, taking into account the individual needs of each client.
Target groups and types of services related to the scope of EQUASS:
Size of the organization:
- 64 clients can be admitted for short-term and long – term social foster care;
- 30 clients can be admitted to day social foster care center.
- 64 jobs (posts) are established in the institution